
Since I have grown up a new stage of life has been recorded. I am talking about the tween years. Gone are the days when my daughter Natalie was happy with little people toys and baby dolls. At the young age of seven she doesn't really play with toys a whole lot anymore, unless of course she can marry them off somehow. She wants cd's for her birthday, and a cd player. She would rather shop in Claires then in the toy store. Now for any of you who knew me growing up knew that probably one of my least favorite stores was claires, or anything of it's sort. I was a complete tomboy to the utter core of my being. I wanted the newest sports oriented toy as soon as it came out.

The most girly thing i did in my childhood was become obsessed with New Kids on the Block. Mostly Joey, man I loved him.
Now I am willing to admit that this was pretty girly. I am pretty sure though that this obsession started at the end of 3rd grade headed into 4th. Natalie hasn't even started 2nd yet. I realized I was fully enveloped in this stage of life when my young daughter wanted to have a sleep over. Not just any sleep over a "High School Musical" sleep over.
As she sat, layed, danced and pretented to be on stage singing with her little peers I was fully reminded that indeed Natalie was a girly girl. A whole different breed from what I was as a kid. But she wasn't just any girly girl, but a tweeny bopper, crush on
Troy Bolton(Zac Efron), girly girl. One of the teenagers in the neighborhood came over to watch it also. We sat back as fly's on the wall at this group of girls, who at the end of the movie were counting how many times Troy kissed Gabriella on the lips (3) followed by giddy laughter at the end of every one. They had conversations of breaking up with people, stealing boyfriends, who's going to marry who, troy going to college. It was really quite hilarious but at the same time sort of surreal. Surely I'm not old enough for this. Surely I can't being getting closer to the teenage years. Natalie did just barely turn seven. When did 7 turn into all of this? I blame it all on the media (and global warming of course, but that is a differant story.)
In conclusion- I'm in need of your prayers everyone, if all of this is going on at seven, the actual teenage years are sure to be a ride. There is one thing I learned for sure from this experience, Natalie is growing up way to fast.
signed
scared for the future

5 comments:
Too cute Steph! I too remember my NKOTB crush - JOEY was the best. Your kids are so adorable, I can't believe we were practically Natalie's age when we met. Oh the memories!
I know, he was awesome, you and I with our joey posters and pillowcases. We were awesome. It is crazy how time flies!!!
What a hoot! How do you think I feel as her g'ma?!?! She's a great kid, you are raising her right, so just keep up what you guys are doing and sit back and enjoy enjoy the ride!
All i can say is - Natalie has impeccable taste.
MAN!! Joey was my favorite too! And I'd have to say Zac's pretty a'ight too!
Post a Comment