Let me just start by saying, YES, I do know that I'm a slacker. It's been way too long since I've posted on here and have absolutely no idea where my summer went and cannot believe I'm staring Halloween dead in the face. And i do mean dead!! HA! Get it halloween, dead, dead, halloween. (yeah i know lame joke, couldn't resist)
So, with that out of the way....

I took my kids to the Triad farmer's market in Greensboro this past weekend and had our nephew Caden meet us there.
This is a bit of a tradition for my kids and I and couldn't not get Emily in on the action. They build little houses out of pumpkins which is perfectly adorable when they are little like her. I used to take Natalie when she was a baby. Ahh the memories.


We stopped to buy some peanuts from one of the local vendors. We of course had to go get some cotton candy ice cream from Hershey's ice cream shop, and then went to pick out our pumpkins. You have to love the prices of the farmers market we got a HUGE pumpkin and 4 little ones for the kids to paint for $18. Emily and Caden each got a bouncy ball out of the little qurter machines and spent a good 45 min throwing and chasing them around. We all had fun but were ready not to be freezing anymore so we said our goodbyes and got in the much warmer and far less windy cars.

So, with that out of the way....
I took my kids to the Triad farmer's market in Greensboro this past weekend and had our nephew Caden meet us there.
We stopped to buy some peanuts from one of the local vendors. We of course had to go get some cotton candy ice cream from Hershey's ice cream shop, and then went to pick out our pumpkins. You have to love the prices of the farmers market we got a HUGE pumpkin and 4 little ones for the kids to paint for $18. Emily and Caden each got a bouncy ball out of the little qurter machines and spent a good 45 min throwing and chasing them around. We all had fun but were ready not to be freezing anymore so we said our goodbyes and got in the much warmer and far less windy cars.
i promise. :)

6 comments:
It's about time! I love the pumpkin houses. How did they get them stacked like that and stick to the house? Looked like a whole lotta fun.
They build a frame with chicken wire and then rap wire around each pumpkin to hold them in place. they are so cute and enchanted looking. They usually have three or four of them, but they only had 1 this year.
Caden had a blast. It was so much fun watching them all run around together.
I'm sad i missed it! Sounds like a blast! I'll have to try to take Autumn up there..i bet she'd love it! Caden and Emily are so cute together!
steph,
you have the most adorable children. Sure was fun to see pictures of you all. It sounds like life is treating you well. Also, it sounds like you don't live far from us. We are just in Roanoke. In fact I was down in martinsville Va yesterday for a CE conference. The dentist who was lecturing to us was from Greensborough. Fun to hear from you.
Oh! I miss the farmer's market! :(
Post a Comment