It has been one screech filled week around this house. I know by the title you are probably automatically thinking of Natalie and Madison. I would be lying if I didn't admit to taking a HUGE part of the ear piercing screaming that has left my ears numb and my throat soar. Lets just start with the first toe curling experience:
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.
Jenn and I and my girls went to see this opening night. We were there and in line about 20 min. early. Madison was all dressed up in her HSM cheerleader outfit. She turned every head in the house with "AWWWW's" and "soooo cutes" abounding. Then......the line moved.. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
So the movie starts and we are going through the previews. Zac Efron has a new movie coming out.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
A few minutes later the movie starts and of course it as an extreme close-up of Troy's face sweating and blue eyes gleaming. Forget about hearing anything for the next five minuets
EEEEEEEHHHHHHHAAHHHHHAHHAHAHAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHH
HHEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHWWEEEEEEEEEEEHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.(get the point)
My sister Jenn leans over to me and says that this wasn't what she expected it. I replied "Really? ....It's exactly what I expected." She just rolled her eyes playfully and replied "this is crazy" under her breathe. Well almost three hours and endless amounts of squealing later we made it safely home with great memories of the girls.
NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK
Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.
Take my little girls and age them about 20-25 years and you will have me and my sisters and friends Thursday night. (Although I must admit in fairness that my sisters and I took the cake on this one !!) My two friends Sheila and Alicia and then Jenn and Meagan and I all went to see NKOTB!!!! I was crazy OBSESSED with them when I was little. Joey was my Zac Efron. I WAS going to marry him one day. I drooled on his face on my pillowcase every night. I kissed his poster goodbye on my way to school in the morning. (I did say obsessed right?) I still actually have his and Jordan Knight's barbie dolls, my girls play with them all the time. Of course they don't know who they are, oh well.
So the night started with us driving around looking for cheap parking. I rolled down my window at a group of women walking towards the events center and screamed, "Oh-Oh-Oh-OHHHH-OH" to which they replied "OH-OH-OHHH-OH!!! It was so funny and just got me even more stoked for the night to begin.
When they came out I was 9 again.
(Combine all of the above screaming here.)
I was screaming, dancing, squealing, laughing, spinning in circles, yelling I love you Joey!! (I did mention obsessed earlier, just reemphasizing that.) At this point I lean over to Jenn and say "THIS IS CRAZY!!!!" a little excited! She didn't roll her eyes, I don't think she heard me... she was screaming too.
It was amazing! I didn't know that time could magically rewind itself 20 years but it did for me on Thursday. It was soooo much fun to be 9 again. The energy I had was something of a miracle. I had no worries of anything of adulthood from 8 till 12. It was just such a blast, I wish I could go again. The only part that sucked about it was walking out the doors and automatically being 20 years older.
Oh, and just to add one funny bit of info. All of the men's bathrooms were made women's bathrooms for the night. I found that to be hysterical!!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
the concert looked like so much fun!
That was some wicked awesome fun! Thanks for inviting me.
I'm singing the song now...Oh,oh,oh,oh!
I LOVE IT, How great is that, a night out with the girls!
Joey was my favorite too! I remember my sister telling me that she always got dressed in her closet b/c she felt like her NKOTB posters were staring at her! Ha ha! I only had Joey on my wall, but my sis had a million posters all over the place!
Joey?? Come on.. it's Jordan all the way!! I remember wearing my HUGE Jordan heart pin.. I think it covered about half of my body.. :P
Post a Comment