skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Beach Babe Blast
My friends Sheila and Alicia and I went to Myrtle Beach for 4 whole days with
out kids or husbands!! We had a blast!!!
We shopped til' we dropped (on a few separate occasions). We went out to eat and had people wait on us!! We didn't do the waiting, YAY!! We swam in the ocean and didn't worry about anyone drowning, we swam in the pool and didn't worry about anyone drowning,
we spent a few hours in the hot tub........and you guessed WE DIDN'T WORRY ABOUT ANYONE DROWNING!! (do you know how amazing this is?) We got a ped
icure and a massage, and then we shopped some more. When we were shopping, we didn't go in kid stores. We even went into stores where EVERYTHING could break and didn't stress out about it! We thought we would sleep in but were so well rested from laying on the beach and not worrying about the well being of our families that we were all up by 8:30 ready for the day. It's funny....you don't realize how much your mind being on your kids takes such a physical toll on your body. One thing I did find absolutely amazing is with the three of us moms there the hotel room stayed really clean and all the grocery's were put away in maybe 3 minutes. THREE MINUTES!! I found this nothing short of miraculous. I think I gained a little bit of insight why women put up with polygamy. J/K :) (This is a joke people, I really think that's disgusting but couldn't resist the opportunity.)
this was the theme for the weekend, next time we're making t-shirts!!
Anyway, I'm happy to say we all came home to healthy kids and husbands who had survived and were all a little more loving and appreciative of us all. Not that they weren't before, obviously they are all awesome for letting us go to begin with. Every mom needs to do this! It is sooooooooooo good for you. So to all of my friends out there, start planning a girls weekend getaway! We decided we are going to make this a tradition to go the weekend before school is out to let ourselves be ready to deal with summer.
Next year, I think we are going to Charleston. Who wants to come with?
6 comments:
Looks like you all had a blast and no worrying about if you kids were going to drown or not. Way to go to spend time away from family to renew your soul.
I got to relive it all over again reading your blog.....ahhhhhhh! Next year we'll get wilder and get facials and eat the whole gallon of ice cream.
I agree, and who knows maybe one night we'll go get virgin margaritas, stay up past midnight and sleep in til 10!
Sounds like you had a great time. I'm glad you have such good friends.
So...I'm really sorry that i couldn't go this year. I know that i missed out! Boo Hoo. Next year - Charleson - SC?
I'm looking up events (like Triathalons etc...) would you be up for it????
WHOOOHOOO!!! It was a blast! I'm already making my t-shirt for the next trip!
Post a Comment